Business DeveloperA challenging fulltime position in a growing high-tech company, where the successful candidate will work in a highly motivated and ambitious team.
The successful candidate will join the commercial team for the Food, Feed, Pharma and Cosmetics markets. The candidates tasks will include lead validation, market research and new customer acquisition. The role will require both national and international travel to meet customers and also attendance at relevant conferences and business events.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Business development, market research and customer acquisition in the Food, Feed ingredients and Pharma market;
- Business development and geographical expansion of our client customer base;
- Perform market research projects to determine market potential, trends and required new services.
You are responsible for the validation of leads and acquisition of new customer accounts in the Food, Feed, Pharma and Cosmetics markets. You are proactive, enthusiastic and result orientated with a high level of energy and ambition. You have a commercial attitude with excellent communication and presentation skills. Direct, demonstrable experience with microbiology and genomics technologies and/or a good network in this market will be seen as advantageous.
Specifically they are searching for a candidate with the following experience and characteristics:
- Educated to Masters degree level or higher, preferably in a bioscience, biotechnology or medical discipline. Experience in microbiology is an advantage;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a high level of energy and ambition;
- A desire to progress and grow into a business development role;
- Experience in the food, feed and pharma market, and ideally with Microbiology and Next-Generation sequencing;
- A proven track record in lead generation and conversion to commercial projects is essential;
- A network in the food ingredients, pharma and biotech market;
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team and be able to meet strict deadlines;
- Can do mentality, focused and willingness to travel greater than 50% of the time.
You will work as part of a highly motivated team of account managers, business developers and scientists and be in constant contact with customers and external partners.
Salary is dependent on candidates qualifications and experience.
Exploration of the microbial world is essential for a sustainable, safer and healthier future. As genomics experts and through sustainable partnerships our client offers consultancy and technological expertise to accelerate the understanding and use of microorganisms. Our client offers a complete range of microbial genomics services, including metagenomics, microbiome analysis and microbial strain characterization services. Over the last two decades they have built up considerable experience and expertise in microbial genomics and currently offer a comprehensive package of services to customers in this field.
Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kun je contact opnemen met Geert-Jan Reijmer (Business Consultant) via +316 22 41 83 24.